Alternative High School Night
Date: Thursday, February 3rd, 7:00-8:30 PM via Zoom
Details: One Spark Academy is hosting its 6th annual presentation of alternative high school programs in the southern Ventura County area. Representatives from CVUSD and few neighboring districts will share about their programs in an informal presentation, providing a general overview and advising on which students might find most success in their programs. Afterward, representatives will chat with prospective families in breakout rooms, answer questions, and inform about their registration processes. For families whose students learn best in a non-traditional setting, this is an opportunity to hear about some of the wonderful alternative public school options available in Ventura County and hopefully find the best fit.
This is a FREE community event. We may not hold this meeting annually, so it is recommended for families looking “down the road”.
To RSVP, please email here.
We will be featuring the following Ventura County school representatives. We limit the number of programs per area due to time limitations for presentations.
- IvyTech Charter School (MUSD): Geoff Frank, Asst. Director; Adreanna Diaz, Counselor
- Century Academy (CVUSD): Dr. Yuliya Reznikova-Eisenberg (Assistant Principal) and Rachel Kelterer (Counselor)
- CVUSD representatives: Kim Huber, Homeschool and Educational Programs Consultant; Brian Mercer, Director of High School & Assessment
- Newbury Park High School (CVUSD): Includes block scheduling, and Data Academy. Rik Napora (Counselor)
- High School at Moorpark College (MUSD): Shirleen Opulstic (Principal)
- Oak Park Independent School-OPIS (OPUSD) Kent Cromwell (Principal/Director of Alternative Education)
- River Oaks Academy (VCOE): Richard Intlekofer (Counselor), Kathy Jackson (Educator)
This event is being sponsored by One Spark Academy.