Alternative High School Night
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 6:00-8:00 PM at the Thousand Oaks Library (doors open at 5:45 for guests)
Details: One Spark Academy is hosting its 7th presentation of alternative high school programs in the southern Ventura County area. Representatives from CVUSD and neighboring districts will share about their programs in a panel presentation, providing a general overview and advising on which students might find most success in their programs. After the panel (about 30-40 minutes), representatives will chat with prospective families at their own tables, hand out any materials, and inform about their registration processes. For families whose students learn best in a non-traditional, in-person or hybrid setting, this is an opportunity to hear about some of the wonderful alternative public school options available in Ventura County and hopefully find the best fit.
This is a FREE community event. We may not hold this meeting annually, so it is recommended for families looking “down the road”. Students are welcome to attend if accompanied by a parent. PLEASE RSVP so we know how many to prepare for. A minimum of 40 guests will ensure our presenters’ time is honored. Refreshments will be served.
To RSVP, please email here.
We will be featuring the following Ventura County school representatives. As we confirm other attendees, this site will be updated.
Our panel presentations will be from:
- Century Academy (CVUSD): Dr. Yuliya Reznikova-Eisenberg (Assistant Principal) and Rachel Kelterer (Counselor)
- Newbury Park High School (CVUSD): Rik Napora (Counselor)
- SHINE K-12 Homeschool (CVUSD): Christy Pantoja and Karin Sardon (Advisors)
- IvyTech Charter School (VCOE): Adreanna Diaz (Principal) and Geoff Frankl (Director of Operations)
- High School at Moorpark College (MUSD): Dr. Shirleen Opulistic (Principal)
- Oak Park Independent School-OPIS (OPUSD) Kent Cromwell (Principal/Director of Alternative Education)
- River Oaks Academy (VCOE): Richard Intlekofer (Counselor), and Kathy Jackson (Educator)
- ACE Charter School (VCOE): John Middleton (Interim Acting Principal)
- Vista Real Charter School (VCOE): Cece Dullam, Principal
Additional information tables provided by:
Special guests include area Superintendents, Directors, Board Members, and VCOE leadership.
We are grateful for all of our representatives!
This event is being sponsored by One Spark Academy.