Because of our supporters, as well as those who give monthly as sustaining “Friends of One Spark”, we are on track to exceed our fundraising goal for 2017-2018. (You can read HERE about why tax-deductible donations are so important for us.) We know that not everyone can give a lot. But we also believe that our supporters find a way to give what they can to causes important to them. Our contributions ranged from $10 to $5,000. Whether it was by way of a small or large gift, every single donor helped us by giving what they could. We are grateful.
Our goal for this campaign was $15,000. However, our 2017 Campaign raised MORE than $18,000 in online and offline donations! (That includes $750 in matching donations yet to arrive). Here’s how most of those funds were allocated:
- We purchased much-need supplies, both educational materials for the classroom and some updated new cooking supplies for our kitchen.
- We paid back a loan necessitated by the past-due payments from one of our participating charter schools.
- We secured a few awesome enrichment courses, including Start-Up Kids and Swimming at Daland Swim School.
- We provided scholarships for some students to take additional classes they needed (but couldn’t afford otherwise) as well as participate in enriching activities.
- Overall, we made sure that your donations went to help more kids get more opportunities, and ensure our teachers get more of what they need to do more for kids.
2017 Generosity Donors… thank you so much!
(This list also includes our “Friends of One Spark” Sustaining Donors and those who donated since since September 2017)