Our local community of Thousand Oaks has recently been through some incredibly challenging and heart-wrenching events. Those who were directly impacted by those events will not have the resources to contribute this year, and many others have donated to support those in dire need.
One Spark Academy has been a lifeline to many families whose children need a nurturing place to land. And, we continue to need our community’s support to provide the learning experiences our students need.
For the past six years, our year-end online campaign has helped us with critical operating funds. Whether by way of a small or large tax-deductible gift, every single donor helps us by giving what they can. We are grateful.
Our goal for this year’s giving campaign is $15,000 raised between November 24, 2018, to February 1, 2019. Here’s how we will use our donations this year:
- Fill in for our temporary shortfall. Last year, 29 successful kids left our program – it was the most we’ve ever sent off. We were “top heavy” last year: 17 students were 8th graders moving to high school, four were already in high school moving to college, three moved away, and others went to local middle schools. Due to our space limitations at the Teen Center, we were at capacity last year and turned away new students. Therefore, we had to rebuild our student body this year; we started the year with the most new students we’ve ever had, but we’re still rebuilding.
- Purchase much-need supplies.
- Pay for three OSA teacher chaperones to attend our outdoor program in the Olympic Peninsula, WA, in April 2019.
- Provide a few scholarships for students-in-need to take additional classes they couldn’t afford otherwise, as well as participate in enriching activities.
- Scroll down to learn more about this campaign and why we need to fundraise.