Planning how to reopen schools during a global pandemic is giving everyone whiplash. If you have students in the local public schools, the disappointment about starting the year with remote learning is no doubt a grand disappointment for everyone, even if this move was deemed necessary.
With all local schools moving online, our job is definitely made more challenging for a variety of reasons: community support (why are OSA kids together and we can’t be?), more strict safety compliance, and more challenges with flexibility if siblings are home. However, OSA is nimble and can flex much more easily than most programs. At this time, our schedule still has a mix of onsite, outdoors, and offsite courses. You will be emailed a copy of the Session 1 Schedule and Session 1 Course Descriptions on July 27. That week, after perusing the schedule, you will also be emailed a proposed schedule for your student, which will be tweaked as much as possible with your input.
What happens over the next four weeks is anyone’s guess, but here are some options we have:
- Start with all onsite courses as planned if we are able, but with as many as classes as possible outdoors.
- OSA lunchtime may start the first week, or be added in gradually as we get our groove down.
- Start with some onsite courses as planned if we are able, but with as many classes as possible outdoors, and gradually add in more days.
- Start all courses online, except Seeds & Sprouts, Fitness Club, and Hiking Club, then gradually move onsite as soon as we can safely do so.
- Perhaps we will addd in more offsite safe gatherings, such as another Hiking group.
- Start all courses online in the event that the County says we have to, or puts limits again on any form of gathering, and then gradually move onsite as soon as we can safely do so.
- Something else that we haven’t considered.
Please complete the following form to help us plan. All input will be taken into consideration and we will do the BEST thing we know how to do, and can safely do!