WHAT IS PRE-REGISTRATION?
These are uncertain times, and it’s challenging enough to know what we will be doing in two months, so planning for Fall 2021 is going to be an evolving process. One thing we know for sure is that One Spark Academy is nimble, creative, and has a strong team of dedicated educators. We will be securing a more permanent location sometime this summer, where we expect to resume in-person classes this coming fall.
General Registration for OSA courses in Session 1 begins August 2, 2021. However, each year, we offer a limited number of applicants the option to pre-register in July. This is due to many of our courses being strictly limited in enrollment, and families wanting to plan now for the coming year. All current families expecting to return full time should pre-register. A deposit of $300* holds an available spot. This applies to Session 1, 2021 fees and is required even if a family is planning to receive funds via a charter school.
*If within 48 hours after attendance at the June 10th meeting, a family decides that OSA is not the place, the deposit is gladly refunded. After June 12, or if a family doesn’t attend the meeting, the deposit is non-refundable.
Pre-Registration guarantees early sign up (starting July 26 via email) and first dibs on placement in limited enrollment directed core courses, such as direct math, ELA (English Language Arts), or Mapping the World, all which are full-year courses and can easily fill by the start of the year. Pre-registration is highly recommended for students who are sure they’re going to take classes at OSA, and/or plan to attend core yearlong courses, and/or attend full time. OSA staff plans in advance for our pre-registrants; they are guaranteed space in most or all courses of choice.
- If needed, priority for select courses in pre-registration will be given to Flex Plan enrollees, as families with students on site for multiple days rely on enrollment in specific core courses as part of a full-year plan.
- Students who don’t pre-register can still attend OSA in the fall, and many join us full time during the course of the year. However, many core classes often CLOSE during pre-registration.
- Once a student begins taking classes at OSA, he/she has priority for registration in subsequent sessions for that year. This doesn’t carry over until the following year unless a student signs up for pre-registration for the coming year.
WHO CAN PRE-REGISTER?
- Students currently at OSA in Session 4, 2020-2021
- Students who have visited OSA, met with staff, attended a tour, and/or attended a parent meeting.
- We do have an immunization policy. Each year, a limited number of spots are available for students who are not immunized (for any reason; this information remains confidential). This number is based on total enrollment and therefore unlikely available during pre-registration when our numbers are still building. Families with non-immunized students may request availability at any time. Please note: If the Covid-19 vaccine is readily available and becomes a requirement for public schools in Ventura County, then OSA will follow suit. For details about our policy: Read more here.
HOW TO PRE-REGISTER:
- Pre-Registration Commitment Forms are now available for a limited number of families by request. GO HERE. This is first come, first served, based on available spots per grade/learning level, and at our discretion. Families who have toured the program and/or met with us have priority.
- Pre-registration spots will likely be filled by the June 10th meeting. (RSVP to be available soon)
- To set up a phone meeting, or inquire about an available spot, please email us. Deposits will be accepted as long as pre-registration spots can be guaranteed. After that, a wait list will be created.
- April 1-30: the window for current students to commit to pre-register and retain priority
- Monday, May 3: remaining pre-registration spots open to new participants
- Thursday, June 10: Fall Information Meeting, 7:00-8:30 pm, for current and incoming families.
- July 26-30: Pre-Registration begins via email for one week
- August 2: General Registration begins. Website updated.
- Session 1 start date is either Monday, August 23 or 30th, TBD