WHAT IS PRE-REGISTRATION?
General Registration for OSA courses in Session 1 begins August 1, 2022. However, each year, we offer a limited number of applicants the option to commit to pre-register in July. This is due to many of our courses being limited in enrollment size, and families wanting to plan now for the coming year.
Pre-Registration guarantees early sign up (starting July 25 via email) and first dibs on placement in limited enrollment directed and full-year core courses, including Foundations Math, Pre-Algebra, MS Algebra, ELA (English Language Arts), and Mapping the World.
- Pre-registration is highly recommended for students whose families are sure they’re going to take classes at OSA, and/or plan to attend full year courses, and/or attend full time. OSA staff plans in advance for our pre-registrants; they are guaranteed space in most or all courses of choice.
- The cohort for pre-registration is limited to only those for which we can guarantee spots. When committing to pre-registration, families select courses they will hold until July 25. During the week of pre-registration (starting July 25), families can then confirm or drop courses they held.
- Setting actual schedules begins July 25 when have our full Session 1 schedule, which will not be ready until July. Additional core and enrichment courses are only planned once we have our pre-registration cohort and can be reasonably confident in our staffing needs.
- A deposit of $300* holds an available spot to pre-register. This applies to Session 1, 2022-2023 fees and is required even if a family is planning to receive funds via a charter school.
*Deposits are fully refundable within 48 hours after the June Parent Information Meeting if a family is not satisfied with the plan for the coming year. After that, we plan our Session 1 schedule with our Pre-Registrants in mind, and make commitments to educators based on those numbers. Therefore, deposits guarantee that planning. Deposits may be refunded if we decide not to offer a requested class.
- Priority for select courses in pre-registration will be given to Flex Plan enrollees, as families with students on site for multiple days rely on enrollment in specific core courses as part of a full-year plan.
- Students who don’t pre-register can still attend OSA in the fall, and many join us full time during the course of the year. However, many core classes often CLOSE during pre-registration.
- Once a student begins taking classes at OSA, they have priority for registration in subsequent sessions for that year. This doesn’t carry over until the following year unless a student signs up for pre-registration for the coming year.
WHO CAN PRE-REGISTER?
- Students registered at OSA in Session 4 the previous year.
- Students who have visited OSA, met with staff, attended a tour, and/or attended a parent meeting.
- We do have an immunization policy. Each year, a limited number of spots are available for students who are not immunized (for any reason; this information remains confidential). This number is based on total enrollment and therefore unlikely available during pre-registration when our numbers are still building. Families with non-immunized students may request availability at any time. Please note: If the Covid-19 becomes a requirement for public schools in Ventura County, then OSA will follow suit. For details about our policy: Read more here.
HOW TO PRE-REGISTER:
- Pre-Registration Commitment Forms are available for a limited number of families by request only. This is first come, first served, based on available spots per grade/learning level, and at our discretion. Families who have toured the program and/or met with us have priority.
- OSA Tours are available for prospective families.
- To inquire about an available spot, please email us. Deposits will be accepted as long as pre-registration spots can be guaranteed. After that, a wait list will be created.
- April 1-30: the window for current students to commit to pre-register and retain priority
- Monday, May 2: remaining pre-registration spots open to new participants
- Wednesday and Thursday, June 8 and 9: Fall Information Meetings, for current and incoming families. The June 8th meeting is at 6:00 pm IN PERSON. The June 9th meeting is at 7:00 PM, and on ZOOM. Families need only attend one.
- July 25-29: Pre-Registration begins via email for one week
- August 1: General Registration begins. Website updated.
- Session 1 start date is Monday, August 22.