Primary positions sought:
- Handy person: Got skills with fixing various things and helping out where needed, which may include a bit of supervision and playing outdoors with kids? Position is for about 8-10 hrs/wk., days can flex.
Additional skills for potential enrichment classes:
- Automotive skills
- Mixed martial arts, self defense
- First aid, babysitting
- Computer programming/ 3D printing
- Outdoor craft and skills
- American Sign Language
- Choral/ singing
- Another really cool idea that we hadn’t thought of…
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Have a cleared TB test.
- Agree to be fingerprinted (we will provide). DoJ clearance required.
- Be at least 25 years old, with at least two years of college completed. Younger applicants (at least 21) may be considered for some positions, dependent on qualifications.
- Have experience working with middle school-age children, preferably in a classroom setting.
- Have strong classroom management skills. Be able to lead with confidence, humor, and skill.
- Be strong in people skills (communication, kindness, professionalism).
- Be reliable with expected hours.
- Display excellent role modeling in alignment with our students’ Participant Agreement.
- Understand and adhere to our philosophy (please read BEFORE applying).
- NOTE: Our current campus is spread out. There are hills and stairs, and plenty of walking around outdoors. (Classrooms/ restrooms are ADA compliant)
- One Spark Academy is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and Fridays 8:30- 1:00 PM. We are closed on holidays. Check our calendar online for Session start/end dates and holidays.
- Lunch is included M-Th if on site around that time.
- Hourly rates depending on position and relative experience: $18 – $30 to start. (There is typically a training window.)
- Specialist positions (normally one 1.5 hr class per week) from independent vendors (1099) may be paid at a vendor’s professional rate.
- Benefits: Flexible scheduling, lunch included, additional paid planning time as needed.
Send a resume* and letter of recommendation to Lori Peters. In your introductory email, be sure to share why you want to work with us, based on what you know about OSA, and what great ideas you have!
* Resume can be simple. Must include contact information, education, work experience, relevant skills, and at least two references.
Click here to add your own text