Employment Opportunities for 2022-2023
OSA is a wonderful place to be! We are committed to a positive, collaborative, supportive, and compassionate working environment, for both students and adults. We are also committed to providing an environment where people “look up” and engage in friendly conversation. In addition, we appreciate all involved with OSA to be committed to modeling healthy habits and showing a desire to be engaged, curious, and “tech-free” when with others.
With a full year of in-person learning projected ahead, and after having two years of a small student body due to Covid and site limitations, AND planning for another year at the Conejo YMCA campus, OSA is now looking to expand its learning opportunities for our students and growing student body.
As of now, we are seeking to fill 1-2 part-time positions* (5-10 hours/week), and/or a specialist position (1.5 hour class, once per week).
We are looking for candidates with strength, experience, and CREATIVE teaching ability in one or more of the following areas:
- Middle school/ early high school level math (tutoring/teaching)
- Physics and engineering
- Automotive skills
- Mixed martial arts, self defense
- First aid, babysitting
- Computer programming/ 3D printing
- Outdoor craft and skills
- Ecology and climatology
- American Sign Language
- Choral/ singing
- Campus supervision, minor tasks, handy-person work
- Another really cool idea that we hadn’t thought of…
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of vaccination and a clear TB test are required to work with our students.
- Be supportive of our Covid safety policies, which follow state and county recommendations.
- Agree to be fingerprinted (we will provide). DoJ clearance required.
- Be at least 25 years* old, with at least two years of college completed. Younger applicants (at least 21) may be considered for some positions, dependent on qualifications.
- Have experience working with middle school-age children, preferably in a classroom setting.
- Be strong in people skills (communication, kindness, professionalism).
- Be reliable with expected hours.
- Display excellent role modeling in alignment with our students’ Participant Agreement.
- Understand and adhere to our philosophy (please read BEFORE applying).
- NOTE: Our current campus is spread out. There are hills and stairs, and plenty of walking around outdoors. (Classrooms/ restrooms are ADA compliant)
- One Spark Academy is open Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM and Fridays 8:30- 1:00 PM. We are closed on holidays. Check our calendar online for Session start/end dates and holidays.
- Lunch included M-Th if on site around that time.
- Hourly rates depending on position and relative experience: $18 – $30 to start. (There is typically a training window.)
- Specialist positions (normally one 1.5 hr class per week) from independent vendors (1099) may be paid at a vendor’s professional rate.
- Benefits: Flexible scheduling, lunch included, additional paid planning time as needed
Send a resume* and letter of recommendation to Lori Peters. In your introductory email, be sure to share why you want to work with us, based on what you know about OSA, and what great ideas you have!
* Resume can be simple. Must include contact information, education, work experience, relevant skills, and at least two references.