Please check back frequently as this page is updated regularly. More dates, field trips to be added 🙂
The session schedule for One Spark Academy (a “Learning Center”) follows the calendar for the local district, CVUSD, due to our rental agreement for use of the Teen Center during non-operational hours. Classes for OSA are closed on national or observed legal holidays, not necessarily religious holidays.
Sessions & Breaks At A Glance for 2016-2017
- Session 1, 2016: 7 weeks, Aug. 29-Oct. 14
- No OSA classes Sept. 5
- Session break, no classes: Oct. 17-21
- Session 2, 2016: 7 weeks, Oct. 24-Dec. 16
- No OSA classes on Friday Nov. 11th or Nov. 21-25
- Winter break, no classes: Dec. 19-Jan. 6
- Session 3, 2017: 9 weeks, Jan. 9-March 10
- No OSA classes on Monday Jan. 16, Friday Feb. 17 and Monday Feb. 20.
- Session break, no OSA classes: March 13-March 17
- Session 4, 2017: 9 weeks, March 20-June 2
- Spring break, no classes: April 10-21, or Monday, May 29.
- “Session 5” Imaginession, 2017: June 5-8
Our full calendar of Calendar of Sessions and Breaks as a PDF download: OSA School-Calendar-2016-2017.
- 10th-21st: OSA Spring Break; No OSA classes
- 17th-21st: Outdoor Adventure with NatureBridge to Santa Monica Mts and Santa Cruz Island
- Monday, 17th: Yearbooks may be ordered until May 8. Order yours here.
- Saturday, 29th: Ignite a Spark Spring Fundraiser. An adult-only event with delicious food, wine, art, music, and a silent auction!! For details and to register, go here.
- Monday, 8th: Imaginession (Session 5: June 5-8) general registration begins.
- Thursday, 25th: Food Fascination lab at the Four Seasons.
- Monday, 29th: Memorial Day; No OSA classes
- 5th-8th: Imaginession! Four days of creativity, science, music and fun! Details TBD.
- Friday, 9th: Launch for 8th grade and older! 11:00-2:00
- Monday, 19th: Parent Information Mtg for 2017-2018. For important details about fall registration, go here.
- 24th-28th: Pre-Registration for those confirmed. All done via email (website will not yet be updated)
- Tuesday, 1st: General registration for 2017-2018 opens. Website is updated with Session 1 schedule and course descriptions.
- Monday, 28th: Session 1 begins (7 weeks, 8/28-10/13)