The Participant Agreement is to be reviewed and signed by the student. Please ensure your student has a copy in their study area and reviews the agreement periodically. Thank you!
Welcome to One Spark Academy! We hope you’ll find an environment that is inclusive, safe, healthy, and positive, but we need YOUR help to achieve this. Please review the following expectations, and then let us know you understand this agreement AND will follow these expectations to the best of your ability*.
- I will use considerate and respectful language and gestures around others while in class (on site, outdoors, or online) and when engaged in any OSA-sponsored activities. My actions and words will contribute to a calm, safe, and enjoyable learning/working environment for students and adults. If my choices disrupt the learning and safety of others, I will make a concerted effort to resolve the situation in a timely manner.
- I will follow any requests by instructors, supervisory staff, or parent volunteers to collaborate respectfully, stay on task, work quietly and/or productively, and/or stay in a certain location.
- I will follow all COVID safety policies and expectations that One Spark Academy adheres to.
- I will be safe. If at the Teen Center, I will not run inside the building (except in the gym) or loiter in the restrooms. I will inform my instructor if I am leaving the classroom and/or required area of instruction.
- I will be prepared for my classes and contribute to a positive, productive learning environment for all.
- I agree to “unplug”. To connect with others and focus on my learning, I will avoid personal use of my technology (texting, phone calls, Internet browsing, gaming, etc.) during the instructional day 9:00-2:30/3:00 (or until my classes are over), unless my instructors and/or supervisors approve such use. During any class and lunchtime, my phone will be OFF and preferably left in a locker (unless an expected call is prearranged with my instructor). I will use the Internet safely and for instructional purposes while on site. I will similarly use my own personal devices responsibly, if such use is appropriate and inclusive (sharing music, pictures, contact information, etc.). Please note: Instructors retain the right to collect personal devices if they are a distraction to the student and/or our learning environment, or if technology is used unsafely.
- I will wear appropriate clothing for the day. My clothing will not aim to distract or offend individuals, gender, or a cultural group. If in PE or playing other sports, I understand athletic clothing and shoes are required (see Teen Center requirements) to participate. Jeans may not be worn in PE or sports classes.
- I will use the game room and gym only during scheduled breaks, or before 9:00 and after 2:30. If I am waiting for pick up any time before 2:30, I will limit distractions to others who are learning. Gaming/TV equipment may not be used for personal use by students during the instructional day.
- I will respect OSA’s commitment to healthy habits by making a commitment to my own health! If I am not eating what OSA provides for snack and/or lunch, I will bring a healthy snack and lunch and eat them at the appropriate times. I will not bring soda, fast food, candy bars, snack bags of chips, or similar junk foods on site. Home-baked or similar treats in moderation are fine, if accompanied by a healthy lunch. I agree to avoid using the onsite vending machines between 8:30 AM and 2:30 PM.
- If I am onsite M-TH between 10:30-10:45, I will join the Community Circle.
- I will be mindful of the waste I create, whether it is food, materials, bags, and/or plastic water bottles.
- I will assist with set up and clean up in the area where I’ve been working, whether it is for class, after break, after lunch, or after class. I will help ensure the Teen Center game room is picked up.
- I will not keep any personal belongings in a Teen Center locker over the weekend. Each week, on the last weekday I attend OSA or CRPD classes, I will clear out any locker I am using.
The Thousand Oaks Teen Center has the following requirements:
- No black-soled shoes, like Doc Martens, may be worn inside the gym at any time.
- No throwing of sports of equipment or balls in an unsafe manner, or at someone who is not playing the game. Use of any equipment must follow the rules of any game being played.
I__________________________________________________________________agree to the expectations as outlined above.
(print name of student)
Student Signature: _____________________________________________________________ Date: ____________________________
*We reserve the right to deny services to anyone whose choices infringe upon the rights of any other participant to enjoy their learning at One Spark Academy as it was intended.