Please note that this is the 2017-2018 Participant Agreement (it will be slightly amended for the coming year)
The Participant Agreement is submitted with registration. This agreement is to be reviewed and signed by the student. Please ensure your student has a copy in his/her study area and review the agreement periodically. Thank you!
Welcome to One Spark Academy! We hope you’ll find an environment that is inclusive, safe, healthy, and positive, but we need YOUR help as well. Please review the following expectations, and then let us know you understand this agreement AND will follow these expectations to the best of your ability*.
- I will use considerate and respectful language and gestures around others at all times. My actions and words will contribute to a calm, safe, and enjoyable environment for all.
- I will follow any requests by instructors or parent volunteers (if needed) to collaborate respectfully, stay on task, work quietly and/or productively, and/or stay in a certain location.
- I will be safe. I will not run inside the building (except in the gym) or loiter in the restrooms. I will inform my instructor if I am leaving the classroom and/or required area of instruction at any time.
- I will use the Internet safely and for instructional purposes while on site. I will similarly use my own personal devices responsibly. So that I may connect with others and focus on my learning, I agree to “unplug”: I will avoid personal use of my technology (texting, phone calls, Internet browsing, gaming, etc) during the instructional day 9:00-2:30/3:00 (whenever classes are over), unless my instructors and/or supervisors approve such use. During any instructional time, my phone will be OFF and, preferably, left in a locker (unless an expected call is prearranged with my instructor). Please note: instructors retain the right to collect personal devices if tech rules are not followed.
- I will wear appropriate clothing for the day. My clothing will not aim to distract or offend individuals or a group. If in PE or playing other sports, I understand athletic clothing and shoes are required (see Teen Center requirements) in order to participate. Jeans may not be worn in PE.
- I will use the game room and gym only during scheduled breaks, or before 9:00 and after 2:30. If I am waiting for pick up anytime before 2:30, I may not use the game room (pool table, ping pong), as this is distracting to others who are learning. Gaming/TV equipment may not be used for personal use by students during the instructional day.
- I will respect OSA’s commitment to healthy habits by making a commitment to my own health! I will be prepared with a healthy snack and (if lunch is not purchased) a healthy lunch. If my own lunch is brought, I will eat it during lunchtime (1:00). I will not bring soda, fast food, candy bars, snack bags of chips, or similar junk foods on site. Home-baked or similar treats in moderation are fine, as long as accompanied by a healthy lunch. I agree to avoid using any of the onsite vending machines between 8:30 AM and 3:00 PM.
- I will be mindful of the waste I create, whether it is food, materials, bags, and/or plastic water bottles.
- I will assist with set up and clean up in the area where I’ve been working, whether it is for class, after break, after lunch, or after class. I will help ensure the Teen Center game room is picked up.
- I will not keep any personal belongings in a Teen Center locker over the weekend. Each week, on the last weekday I attend OSA or CRPD classes, I will clear out any locker I am using.
The Thousand Oaks Teen Center has the following requirements:
- No black-soled shoes, like Doc Martens, may be worn inside the gym at any time.
- No throwing of sports of equipment or balls in an unsafe manner, or at someone who is not playing the game. Use of any equipment must follow the rules of any game being played.
- Follow any requests for safe play by Teen Center staff.
*We reserve the right to deny services to anyone whose choices infringe upon the rights of any other participant to enjoy their learning at One Spark Academy as it was intended.