Thank you for visiting our Registration Page. Registering at One Spark Academy is a personalized process. Whether joining us full time or for just one class, every participant becomes an integral part of our community!
One Spark Academy is a unique learning center. Although we are not an accredited school, we pride ourselves on providing students a quality education and a relevant, research-based curriculum in a relationship-based, whole-child setting. Our participants, whether full time or part time, are either privately homeschooled (whose parents file a PSA– private school affidavit– with the state of California), or are enrolled in a public school homeschool program or school which offers an independent study curriculum. OSA does not provide official transcripts or report cards. OSA is an approved vendor with Golden Valley Charter School and Inspire Charter School. If you are new to homeschooling and need help understanding your homeschool options, log onto the California Homeschool Network website and click on Homeschool FAQ. http://californiahomeschool.net/
How to Register
If you are new to One Spark Academy, please familiarize yourself with our philosophy, mission, and courses prior to contacting us about registration. If enrolled in a homeschool partnership program or charter school, you should meet with your facilitator or educator to establish a general course of study prior to registering at One Spark Academy.
Registration for OSA is available all year, provided there is space in our courses. Many courses fill early. If a class is closed, please inquire! Sometimes spaces do open up before the website is updated.
Due to the challenges of planning and executing a learning program during a pandemic, registration for 2020-2021 is different from previous years.
1) First-time contacts: Please provide some basic information about your student to get started. Include your child’s name, DOB, grade and/or learning level, pertinent learning goals; intentions (full time, part time, enrichment, etc.); and education path (homeschool, coming from public school, with a charter homeschool, etc.). If your student is not fully immunized, please inquire if there are any spots for non-immunized students. You can read more about our immunization policy here.
- If you are interested in joining us full time (4-5 days), and you have not attended a Parent Information Meeting and/or toured the program, a meeting will be arranged. Full-time students are not accepted without a prior meeting.
2) Returning participants: Simply email us to make your requests. Please note you will need to update Registration Forms annually.
3) Wait for confirmation: You will get a confirmation that there is space in your preferred courses.
- Do not send in any paperwork or payment until you are assured your courses are available.
- Registration paperwork should be sent or delivered at the same time as payment unless advised otherwise.
4) Once confirmed, our updated paperwork can be found on this page.