Alternative High School Night
Date: Thursday, February 7th, 5:30-8:00 PM at the Thousand Oak Library, Community Room
Details: One Spark Academy is hosting its third presentation of alternative high school programs in the area. Representatives from at least four neighboring districts will have about five minutes to share about their program in a panel presentation, providing a general overview and advising on which students might find most success there. After the panel (about 30-40 minutes), representatives will chat with prospective families at their own tables, hand out any materials, inform about tour dates, registration, and so forth. This is an opportunity for families to hear about the wonderful alternative options available and hopefully find the best fit! Beyond high school programs, there will be a few representatives from high school level enrichment programs.
This is a FREE community event. We may not hold this meeting annually, so it is recommended for families looking “down the road”. Students are welcome to attend if accompanied by a parent. PLEASE RSVP so we know how many to prepare for.
Refreshments will be served.
To RSVP, please email here.
Ventura County School representatives expected to attend (will be updated as needed). We limit the number of programs per area due to time limitations for presentations.
- High School at Moorpark College: Ruby Delery, Principal/Counselor
- El Camino High School at Ventura College: Jane Napora, Counselor, VUSD
- Newbury Park High School
- Ivy Tech Charter School: Jaki Gardner, Principal, and Geoff Frankl, Educator/Administration
- Career Education Center (career technical education, VCOE): Dr. Zenda Abbott, Director of CTE Outreach & Support
- Century Academy
- Santa Susana High School
- Golden Valley Charter School: Meg Rydman, Director of Education, and Wendy Hand-Hogan, Curriculum & Assessment Coordinator
- River Oaks Academy
This event is being sponsored by One Spark Academy and is not affiliated with the Thousand Oaks Library.