Our Campaign ran from November 14 through December 31. Thank you to everyone who helped us meet our goal. Scroll down to see our list of donors.
Our fundraising needs are ongoing! If you have the means, please consider becoming a Friend of One Spark with a monthly donation of any amount.
About Us, and Why We Fundraise
If you’re here, then you already know the value of One Spark Academy, or you know someone who does. But to give you some background, One Spark Academy was founded in 2011 with one mission in mind: to give kids who need something different a path to a great education. We’re a small learning center for middle-school students (and older) who, for a variety of reasons, benefit from a non-traditional setting. Although we are a vendor and partner with several public charter schools, we receive no state funding. We rely on registration fees and donations to do what we love to do: teach kids well!
Learn more about us! For the details about our program, go here. To see some of the awesome classes we offer, go here. To watch our home page video, go here.
We have never charged families what it actually costs to run OSA. That is why we became a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and that is why we are asking for YOUR help. Consider your tax-deductible donation an investment in the future of our community. You never know who will need us– your child, a neighbor’s, a friend’s, a co-worker’s. Many companies also match your donation to a non-profit.
Make it monthly! You can become a “Friend of One Spark” with a monthly contribution of any amount.
All donors will be listed at the bottom of this page (unless they request to remain anonymous). Listed donors will include our Friends of One Spark who contribute monthly. No contribution amounts will be listed.
*One Spark Academy is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation: One Spark Foundation, Inc. (EIN #46-1210961)
How Your Donations Will Support Us in 2022-2023
- Support some additional upgrades. Although we don’t know how long we can stay, upgrades help our students and programming NOW. This year, our plans (dreams) include:
- The continued development of student-built gardens on site;
- Upgrades to the existing YMCA Activity Room, including plumbing in one bathroom, an outdoor shed, and hillside work to prevent mudflows;
- Upgrades to three other buildings, including roof sealant for classrooms and more security cameras;
- Eventual (hopeful) extension to a 5th space on site, with rent increase.
- Provide scholarships for students-in-need to take additional classes they couldn’t afford otherwise. That need continues to be great for several families.
- We’d like to be able to provide at least 5 current students with scholarships ranging from $200 per session (single class) to $400 per session (two classes).
- Support the added expenditures (such as chaperones) for our 2023 Outdoor Adventure.
- Supplement our payroll budget.
- Our teachers work hard! But our low numbers right now has meant that many expenses are coming out of our personal accounts. Yes, some of us are volunteering our time. Success in this campaign will provide for added pay for teachers, which is much-needed based on rising costs everywhere.
Thank You to Our Donors!
Our 2022-2023 Giving Campaign had 85 donors who raised $55,771! Thank you!
Lori Peters & Todd Geist
Jon & Jerri Baker
Michael & Staci Harper
Robyn & Seth Brady
Kathy & Rod Leard
Ava & Ken Ungar
Alison & Jim Doucette
Rick & Bambi Peters
Ron & Connie Peters
Roger & Teresa DeBruno
Dave & Shannon Gilbertson
Laura & Hernan Erlig
Lisa & Michael David
Rochelle & Dr. Doug Andersen
Reed & Lori Podell
The Rodgers Family
Penelope Foo & Scott Gietler
Jerrie & Sally Eaton
The Guerin Family
Dr. Kathy Jonokuchi, DVM
Randy & Susan Peters
The Bodden Family
Jack & Lorie Saunders
Alan & Cindy Pevar
Monica & James Sayre
Jeanette & Bill Hosek
The Azuara Family
Carol & Phillip Schenkler
Rebecca & Sam Rowen
The McBreen Family
Gwen & Jon Cummings
Deirdre & Dave Parmenter
John & Rhonda Kwiatkowski
Susan & Dave Brown
Jessica & Brian Weihe
Michael & Debbie Epstein
The Weiser Family