Registration at One Spark Academy for 2021-2022
Registration for 2021-2022 begins on Monday, August 2, but students are accepted for enrollment throughout the year. Our Calendar page lists the dates for our four Sessions and breaks.
Registration acceptance is first come, first served, and is limited this year to roughly 40 students (depending on grade level and course requests). The following students have priority:
- Students who signed up for Pre-Registration
- 7th/8th enrolled in the IvyTech/OSA Cohort
- Students who have met immunization requirements
If you would like to be contacted about General Registration, please fill out the following:
Here’s how our registration works:
- Priority: Priority for each session is given to students who were enrolled the previous session. Priority is also given to full-time students, or those committing to our full year courses, which have limited space. Students coming 4-5 days a week and/or who are on our Flex Plan are considered “full time”.
- Get involved! Sign up for our monthly newsletter, come to events, and follow us on FaceBook. This helps ensure that prospective families are “in the loop” for upcoming events and feel confident in the program’s mission.
- Parent Information Meetings (PIN): At least one parent should attend a Parent Information Meeting during the year, when offered. Online meetings can be arranged. PINs will include important details about the coming year or session, including our updated approach for safety measures, and requirements for attendance.
- What if I don’t get a pre-registration spot? Can I still enroll? YES! We often have students enroll at the last minute, mid-year, or even in the last session. However, full-time spots with your student’s first choice courses may not be available after the summer.
- Who can pre-register? As a general rule, we only will accept pre-registration deposits if we’ve met your child, if you’ve toured our program, and/or if you have attended a meeting or are registered to attend the meeting in June. This ensures a higher likelihood that everyone is happy with their decision.
- What if I just want to take a few classes, or just have enrichment? No problem. We will have more spots available in enrichment classes than we have in our full year courses.
- What if I’m not sure what math class my child needs? We leave a little wiggle room for moving kids around should math placement require it. We will assess students in math in August, and make adjustments if needed. We also may request work samples.
- When do I submit registration paperwork? All paperwork is collected after General Registration opens in August, or upon registration. Paperwork is updated annually.
- Do you provide scholarships? No, not officially. We barely have enough money to run our program. However, we do our best to help families in need once they are in our program, by offering a spot in a class that has room, or by providing assistance for special programs. We ask that families that have the means to donate annually to our program, so that we can maintain low annual registration fees.